When it comes to getting the most out of your .300 Blackout rifle, having the right scope can make all the difference. Whether you’re hunting, target shooting, or even home defense, a high-quality scope can help you achieve accuracy and precision.
In this article, we’ll explore what a .300 Blackout scope is, how to choose the best 300 Blackout Scopes, and our top picks available.
What Is a .300 Blackout Scope?
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s briefly discuss what a .300 Blackout scope is. Essentially, it’s a specialized scope designed to enhance the performance of firearms chambered in .300 AAC Blackout, a versatile cartridge known for its ability to be fired supersonic or subsonic.
These scopes are engineered to provide clear optics, allowing shooters to make accurate shots at various distances.
The Blackout’s limited range also means scopes for the round typically have second focal plane (SFP) reticles.
However, there are a few exceptions with first focal plane (FFP) reticles, which can be a good choice for extending your accurate range, particularly with .300 BLK optimized crosshair reticles.
How Do You Choose the Perfect Scope for 300 Blackout?
When selecting the best 300 Blackout Scopes, there are a few key factors to consider.
Picture clarity is paramount. Look for scopes with high-quality lenses that provide clear and sharp images. Multi-coated lenses can help reduce glare and improve low-light performance.
Durability is crucial, especially if you plan to use your rifle in rugged conditions. Opt for scopes with robust construction, shockproof features, and waterproof or fog proof properties.
Value doesn’t always mean the cheapest option. It means finding a scope that offers the right balance of features, quality, and price for your needs. A well-priced scope that meets your requirements is the best value.
Best .300 Blackout Scopes (6 Top Picks)
Now, let’s take a closer look at our top picks for the best .300 Blackout scopes on the market.
1. Trijicon 4×32 BAC ACOG Rifle Scope
The Trijicon 4×32 BAC ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) Rifle Scope is an exemplary choice for enhancing the performance of your .300 Blackout rifle. Renowned for its legendary clarity and rugged design, this scope has been trusted by military and law enforcement professionals around the world.
Let’s delve into the specifics of this scope, including its specifications, key features, pros and cons, and provide a final verdict.
- Magnification: Fixed 4x magnification, providing a balance between close-quarters and mid-range accuracy.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm, allowing for ample light transmission.
- Illumination: The Trijicon ACOG uses both tritium and fiber-optic illumination, ensuring a bright and clear reticle in all lighting conditions.
- Eye Relief: Generous eye relief for comfortable shooting and quick target acquisition.
- Length: Compact and lightweight, with a length of approximately 5.8 inches.
- Reticle: The Trijicon 4×32 BAC ACOG often features a variety of reticle options, including horseshoe or chevron reticles.
- First Focal Plane
Crystal Clear Optics: The ACOG is renowned for its exceptional optical clarity. It delivers sharp and clear images, allowing for precise aiming and target identification, whether you’re shooting in bright daylight or low-light conditions.
Rugged Construction: The ACOG is built to withstand harsh environments and recoil. Its durability is unmatched, making it a reliable choice for any shooting situation, be it on the range or in the field.
Trijicon’s Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC): A unique feature of the ACOG is the Bindon Aiming Concept, which allows for both eyes open aiming. This enhances situational awareness and target acquisition speed, particularly in close-quarters engagements (fast focus eyepiece).
BDC Reticle: Many ACOG models come equipped with a Bullet Drop Compensator, BDC reticle. This BDC reticle assists in long-range shooting with the .300 Blackout cartridge, compensating for bullet drop and simplifying holdover adjustments.
- Outstanding Optical Clarity: The ACOG’s glass quality ensures precise aiming and target identification.
- Exceptional Durability: It can withstand rigorous use and adverse conditions, making it suitable for tactical and demanding shooting scenarios.
- Quick Target Acquisition: Thanks to its illuminated reticle and Bindon Aiming Concept, the Trijicon ACOG excels in rapid target acquisition (fast focus eyepiece)
- BDC Reticle: The BDC reticle simplifies long-range shooting with the .300 Blackout cartridge.
- Battery-Free Illumination: Tritium and fiber-optic illumination require no batteries, ensuring constant readiness.
- First Focal Plane
Fixed Magnification: The fixed 4x magnification may not suit all shooting scenarios, particularly those requiring extreme close-quarters engagement.
The Trijicon ACOG Rifle Scope is a top-tier choice for shooters who demand peak performance from their .300 Blackout rifles. With its impeccable optical clarity, unmatched durability, Bindon Aiming Concept, and BDC reticle, it is designed for both rapid target acquisition and precision at mid-range distances.
While the initial investment may be substantial, the ACOG’s quality and reliability make it a worthwhile choice for professionals and enthusiasts alike.
If you seek the ultimate scope to complement your .300 Blackout rifle, the Trijicon ACOG Rifle Scope is an outstanding option that sets the bar high, making it the best scope on our list here.
2. Primary Arms SLx 3x32mm Gen III Prism Scope with ACSS Raptor Reticle
The Primary Arms Raptor Reticle is a budget scope yet feature-packed option that offers impressive performance for .300 Blackout rifles. This Primary Arms scope is known for its versatility and reliability, making it a compelling choice for shooters seeking value without compromising on quality
- Magnification: Fixed 3x magnification, striking a balance between close-quarters and mid-range shooting.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm objective crystal clear lens, providing excellent light transmission.
- Illumination: Multiple illumination settings with a battery life of up to 10,000 hours.
- Eye Relief: Comfortable eye relief for quick target acquisition.
- Length: Compact and lightweight, measuring around 5.3 inches.
- Reticle: Features the ACSS Raptor Reticle, which is designed for both fast target acquisition and accurate ranging.
Versatile Magnification: The Primary Arms 3x magnification is suitable for various shooting scenarios, including close-quarters engagements and mid-range precision shots.
Illuminated ACSS Reticle: The ACSS Reticle from Primary Arms offers a range-finding capability, compensation for drop in bullet, and wind holdovers, making it ideal for .300 Blackout’s flexibility in supersonic and subsonic rounds.
Compact and Lightweight: The Primary Arms scope’s design makes it easy to mount on your rifle without adding unnecessary weight or bulk.
Durability: The Primary Arms SLx Gen III Prism Scope is built to withstand recoil and tough environmental conditions, ensuring its reliability in the field.
- Affordable Price: It provides excellent value for budget-conscious shooters who still demand quality optics.
- ACSS Raptor Reticle: The reticle’s features make it a versatile choice for .300 Blackout shooters, simplifying holdovers and range estimation.
- Illumination: Multiple illumination settings enhance visibility in various lighting conditions.
- Compact and Lightweight: Its size and weight won’t burden your rifle.
- Durable Construction: Designed to handle the rigors of shooting, ensuring longevity.
- Fixed Magnification: The 3x fixed magnification may limit long-range shooting capabilities compared to variable magnification scopes.
- Limited to Prism Scopes: Some shooters may prefer the flexibility of a traditional variable-power scope.
The Primary Arms SLx 3x32mm Gen III Prism Scope with ACSS Reticle offers an excellent balance of affordability and performance for .300 Blackout rifles. Its versatile magnification, ACSS Reticle, compact design, and durability make it a compelling choice for both new shooters and experienced marksmen.
While it may not provide the same long-range capabilities as variable magnification scopes, it excels in various shooting scenarios, making it a solid addition to your .300 Blackout setup for firing subsonic rounds.
If you’re looking for a dependable and budget-friendly optic, the Primary Arms SLx Gen III Prism Scope deserves a closer look.
3. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 is a budget-friendly scope that doesn’t compromise on quality, making it one of the best choices for those looking to optimize their .300 Blackout rifles shooting subsonic loads without breaking the bank.
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II scope is known for its affordability and dependable performance. Let’s delve into its specifications, key features, pros and cons, and provide a final verdict.
- Magnification: Variable 2-7x magnification, offering versatility for both close-quarters and mid-range shooting.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm objective crystal clear lens for good light transmission.
- Reticle: Multiple reticle options, including V-Plex and Dead-Hold BDC.
- Eye Relief: Generous eye relief for comfortable shooting.
- Length: Compact and lightweight, with a length of around 11.3 inches.
- Illumination: Some models feature an illuminated reticle.
Variable Magnification: The 2-7x magnification ranges are suitable for a wide range of shooting distances, from close-quarters to medium-range precision shots.
Quality Optics: Vortex Optics is known for producing scopes with clear and bright optics, allowing for precise target acquisition and aiming.
Durability: The Crossfire II is designed to withstand recoil and rugged use, ensuring its reliability in various shooting conditions.
Reticle Options: The availability of multiple reticle options allows you to choose the one that best suits your shooting preferences and needs.
- Affordable: The Crossfire II offers excellent value for shooters on a budget while maintaining quality optics.
- Versatile Magnification: The variable range of magnification makes it adaptable to various shooting scenarios.
- Quality Optics: Vortex’s reputation for optical clarity is upheld in this scope.
- Durable Construction: Built to handle the demands of shooting, ensuring longevity.
- Reticle Options: You can select the reticle that aligns with your shooting style.
- Fixed Objective Diameter: The 32mm objective lens limits light gathering compared to larger objective lenses.
- Limited Features: Some high-end features found in more expensive scopes may be absent.
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 is an outstanding budget-friendly scope for .300 Blackout rifles. With its variable magnification, quality optics, durability, and multiple reticle options, it provides excellent value without compromising performance.
While it may not have all the advanced features of more expensive scopes, it excels in delivering a clear sight picture and reliable performance in various shooting situations.
If you’re in search of an affordable yet dependable optic for your .300 Blackout rifle, the Crossfire II is a solid choice that won’t disappoint.
4. Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic
The Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic is a high-quality red dot sight that excels in providing rapid target acquisition and reliability for .300 Blackout rifles. Known for its durability and ease of use, this optic is a top choice for law enforcement, military, and civilian shooters alike.
- Type: Red dot sight with a 1x magnification, allowing for unlimited eye relief and quick target acquisition.
- Objective Lens Diameter: The lens is clear and parallax-free.
- Illumination: Features a 2 MOA red dot reticle with 6 daylight and 4-night vision compatible brightness settings.
- Battery Life: Offers an impressive 30,000 hours (over 3 years) of continuous use on a single DL1/3N battery.
- Construction: Rugged construction with a hard-anodized aluminum housing for extreme durability.
- Length: Compact and lightweight, measuring approximately 5.1 inches.
Rapid Target Acquisition: The 1x magnification and 2 MOA red dot sight make it ideal for quick target acquisition, especially in close-quarters scenarios.
Long Battery Life: The extended battery life ensures that the optic is always ready for use, with minimal battery changes.
Durability: Aimpoint is renowned for its rugged construction, and the PRO Patrol Rifle Optic is no exception, with a robust aluminum housing that can withstand harsh conditions and recoil.
Red Dot Clarity: The 2 MOA red dot reticle provides a clear and crisp aiming point, enhancing accuracy.
- Rapid Target Acquisition: The 1x magnification and red dot reticle excel in fast target acquisition.
- Long Battery Life: With up to 30,000 hours of battery life, you can rely on this optic for extended periods without frequent battery changes.
- Durability: Built to withstand harsh conditions and recoil, making it suitable for demanding environments.
- Parallax-Free: The sight is parallax-free, ensuring that the point of impact remains consistent regardless of the shooter’s eye position.
- Fixed Magnification: Limited to 1x magnification, which may not be suitable for long-range precision shots.
- Price: It falls into a higher price range compared to some other optics, reflecting its quality and features.
The Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic is one of the best scopes for shooters looking for rapid target acquisition and reliability with their .300 Blackout rifles.
With its 1x magnification, clear red dot reticle, extended battery life, and rugged construction, it excels in close-quarters engagements and is built to withstand harsh conditions.
While it may not provide the magnification required for long-range precision shots, it’s an excellent optic for law enforcement, military, and civilian applications where quick target acquisition is paramount.
If you prioritize speed and durability in your shooting optics, the Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic is a reliable and effective choice.
5. Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scope
The Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scope is a versatile and high-quality optic designed for precise shooting with .300 Blackout rifles. Steiner, a renowned name in optics, has created a scope that offers clarity, durability, and compactness.
- Magnification: Fixed 1-4x magnification, ideal for close-quarters and mid-range shooting.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 24mm objective lens for good light transmission.
- Reticle: Available with various reticle options, including illuminated options for low-light conditions.
- Eye Relief: Generous eye relief for quick target acquisition.
- Length: Compact and lightweight, with a length of approximately 10.3 inches.
- Construction: Rugged build with high-quality materials for durability.
Variable Magnification: The 1-4x magnification range provides versatility for various shooting distances and scenarios.
Quality Optics: Steiner is known for its high-quality glass, and the P4Xi scope upholds this reputation by offering clear and crisp optics for precise aiming.
Illuminated Reticle: Some models feature a reticle that’s illuminated, enhancing visibility in low-light conditions.
Durability: Built to withstand recoil and tough environmental conditions, ensuring its reliability in the field.
- Versatile Magnification: The variable magnification range makes it adaptable to various shooting scenarios, from close-quarters to mid-range precision shots.
- Quality Optics: Steiner’s reputation for optical clarity is maintained in this scope, providing a clear sight picture for precise aiming.
- Illuminated Reticle: Enhanced visibility in low-light conditions, making it suitable for hunting or low-light shooting scenarios.
- Durability: Designed to handle the rigors of shooting, ensuring longevity and reliability.
- Fixed Objective Diameter: The 24mm objective lens may limit light gathering compared to larger objective lenses.
- Limited Features: Some advanced features found in more expensive scopes may be missing.
The Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scope is an excellent choice for those seeking precision and versatility with their .300 Blackout rifles. With its variable magnification, quality optics, illuminated reticle options, compact design, and durability, it excels in various shooting situations.
While it may not offer the extensive features of more expensive scopes, it delivers reliable performance and a clear sight picture for precise aiming.
If you’re looking for a dependable optic for your .300 Blackout rifle that won’t break the bank, the Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scope is a solid choice as one of the best scope you can find with a magnified optic.
6. ATN ThOR 4 640 Smart Thermal Riflescope
The ATN ThOR 4 640 Smart Thermal Riflescope is a cutting-edge optic designed for shooters who demand thermal imaging capabilities for their .300 Blackout rifles. This is one of the best scope and is well-suited for hunting in low-light or no-light conditions, making it a top choice for nighttime shooting.
- Type: Thermal riflescope with variable magnification options (e.g., 1.25-5x, 2.5-25x).
- Resolution: 640×480 thermal sensor for high-quality thermal imaging.
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz for smooth and responsive thermal imaging.
- Built-in Smart Features: Features such as ballistic calculator, rangefinder, and Wi-Fi streaming.
- Battery Life: Offers extended battery life for extended shooting sessions.
- Construction: Rugged design built to withstand the elements.
Thermal Imaging: The thermal sensor provides excellent detection and identification of heat signatures, making it ideal for nighttime and low-light shooting.
Smart Features: Built-in features like the ballistic calculator and rangefinder enhance accuracy and convenience in the field.
Variable Magnification: Available in multiple magnification options to suit various shooting distances and scenarios.
Durable Build: The scope is designed to handle harsh conditions and offers weather-resistant properties.
- Thermal Imaging: Ideal for nighttime hunting and low-light shooting, offering unparalleled detection capabilities.
- Smart Features: Features like the ballistic calculator and rangefinder enhance accuracy and convenience.
- Variable Magnification: Allows for adaptability in different shooting scenarios.
- Durable Build: Built to withstand rugged use and weather conditions, ensuring reliability.
- Price: Thermal imaging technology comes at a premium price compared to traditional scopes.
- Complexity: The advanced features may require some learning and adjustment for new users.
The ATN ThOR 4 640 Smart Thermal Riflescope is a top choice for shooters who require thermal imaging capabilities with their .300 Blackout rifles.
With its high-resolution thermal sensor, smart features, variable magnification options, and rugged build, it excels in low-light or no-light conditions, making it an exceptional choice for nighttime hunting and tactical applications.
While it comes at a higher price point due to its advanced technology, the ATN ThOR 4 640 delivers unmatched thermal imaging performance for those who demand the best in nighttime optics.
If you’re looking to invest in the best scope that comes with thermal imaging, this is definitely one of the most perfect options.
In conclusion, choosing the best scope for Blackout depends on your specific needs and budget. Consider factors such as picture clarity, durability, and value when making your decision.
Our top picks, including the Trijicon ACOG Scopes, Primary Arms SLx, Vortex Crossfire II, Aimpoint PRO, Steiner P4Xi, and ATN ThOR 4 640, cover a range of options to suit different shooting applications.
Can I use a regular scope on my .300 Blackout rifle?
While you can use a regular scope, a specialized .300 Blackout scope is designed to optimize performance and accuracy with this specific cartridge.
Are .300 Blackout scopes expensive?
The price range for .300 Blackout scopes varies widely. There are options available for every budget, from affordable to high-end.
Can I use a .300 Blackout scope for other calibers?
Yes, you can use a .300 Blackout scope for other calibers, but it may not provide the same level of optimization as a caliber-specific scope. It depends on your shooting needs and preferences.