McMillan has partnered with DiamondBlade to offer a premium custom hunting knife. DiamondBlade knives are recognized for durability and unsurpassed blade sharpness. Knives are made in the United States and carry a lifetime warranty.
Each McMillan knife is individually serial numbered and manufactured using DiamondBlade's proprietary Friction Forging®, a localized forging process concentrated in the blade's edge zone using high pressure and frictional heat.
Facts about Friction Forging:
- Produces "nano-sized" steel grain microstructures creating the finest, sharpest and longest lasting edge in existence today.
- Creates differential heat treatment resulting in a blade with a higher Rockwell hardness edge zone and a lower hardness value in the knife spine.
- Produces a corrosion-proof edge zone by changing the steel's molecular structure and elevating the chromium content within the steel's ferrite grain structure.
- Drop point blade engraved with McMillan's logo
- NP3 Anti-Corrosion treatment
- 65-68 Rockwell edge hardness, 45 Rockwell spine hardness
- 4.0" blade length
- 8.70" overall length
- 5.5 oz weight
- Handle has mosaic handle pins, tapered handle tang and
handcrafted fit and finish
On a recent McMillan hunt, a single knife was used to field dress four nilgai and skin and quarter three others without having to sharpen the knife. Now that’s a high performance knife.
Kydex lined, split cowhide sheath included
|The McMillan DiamondBlade Knife sells for $495 plus tax and can be purchased through McMillan.
Sleek blue/black micarta, handcrafted handle has mosaic handle pins and a tapered handle tang
Manufactured using DiamondBlade’s Friction Forging® resulting in the finest, sharpest and longest lasting edge in existence