(1) Adjustable Cheekpiece. An integral adjustable cheekpiece positions your head perfectly.
(2) Tight Benchrest Tolerances. Barrel threads and the chamber are cut to critical tolerances and fit by hand. The barrel axis is perfectly in line with the bolt axis. The bolt face and action face are perpendicular to the barrel axis. The action is pillar-bedded into the stock and the barrel is free-floated. All dimensions are held to competition benchrest standards.
(3) Square-Surfaced Recoil Lugs. Recoil lugs are surface ground on both sides and pinned to the receiver to produce a perfectly square mating between the action face and the barrel shank.
(4) Thread Cap Provided. On all rifles, a cap protects threads when a suppressor or brake is not in use. A muzzle brake is standard on the TAC-338.
(5) Match Grade Barrels. All McMillan barrels are premium-selected, hand-lapped, match-grade barrels from the finest barrel makers in the country. Barrels are stainless steel with a matte finish.
(6) Accessories Are Available. Bipods, scopes, night vision, extra magazines, slings and other options are available through McMillan.
(7) Hinged Floorplate or Detachable Box Magazine. A positive functioning hinged steel floorplate provides easy unloading, yet is more rugged than production firearms to withstand the rigors of daily field use. Or you may choose our floorplate system that includes a reliable-feeding detachable box magazine. The prominent magazine release can be operated easily with gloved fingers.
(8) Crisp Trigger. The trigger is tuned to a 3 lb. pull which is standard for most professional tactical organizations. The trigger pull can be adjusted by any-competent gunsmith.