(1) Saddle Cheekpiece. The saddle cheekpiece adjusts for proper head position.
(2) Tight Benchrest Tolerances. Barrel threads and the chamber are cut to critical tolerances and fit by hand. The barrel axis is perfectly in line with the bolt axis. The bolt face and action face are perpendicular to the barrel axis. The action is pillar-bedded into the stock and the barrel is free-floated. All dimensions are held to competition benchrest standards.
(3) Extra Long Bolt Handle. The long bolt handle is designed to clear large optics used on this type of firearm. It also eases in extraction of cases for faster cycle times.
(4) Square-Surfaced Recoil Lug. The recoil lug is surface ground on both sides and pinned to the receiver to produce a perfectly square mating between the action face and the barrel shank.
(5) Anti-Glare Duracoat Coating. Most exterior metal surfaces receive a Duracoat coating. This provides additional corrosion resistance for harsh environments and gives an excellent base coat for tactical marksmen who will later paint their firearms to match the urban or field conditions where they are deployed.
(6) Muzzle Brake Provided. The TAC-50 brake is our own design specifically made to tame the 50 caliber recoil.
(7) Fluting Saves Weight and Promotes Cooling. Yet barrel stiffness is not compromised, promoting accuracy.
(8) Match Grade Barrel. All McMillan barrels are premium-selected, hand-lapped, match-grade barrels from the finest barrel makers in the country. Barrels are chrome-moly steel.
(9) Heavy Duty Bipod. The TAC-50 bipod is made of steel, not aluminum, and is ruggedized for 50 caliber recoil.
(10) Detachable Box Magazine. A positive functioning floorplate system includes a reliable-feeding detachable box magazine.
(11) Crisp Trigger. The trigger is tuned to a 3 lb. pull which is standard for most professional tactical organizations. The trigger pull can be adjusted by any competent gunsmith.
(12) McMillan Detachable Stock. The detachable McMillan Take Down 50 Caliber stock allows the TAC-50 to break down into a discrete, portable size.
(13) Spacer System. A spacer system allows you to customize the length of pull to the dimensions of your body and the bulk of your outerwear.The rail and rings on a TAC-50 rifle are black. McMillan recommends not painting them to match the finish of the rifle.