McMillan celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. Gale McMillan, founder of McMillan companies began producing fiberglass stocks on his kitchen table in 1973. Today McMillan has become one of the most respected brands in the firearms industry. While the company has expanded its product line and is known throughout the world, the core of the McMillan’s business philosophy—quality products, exceptional customer service and a commitment to the growth of the firearms industry-remains the same.
- • Marine Corps M40A1 Developed.(+)
• Develops the A-2, the second generation in the A series
of stocks. (+)
- • McMillan A-2 stock is chosen by two government agencies.
- • Develops TAC®-50 rifle. (+)
- • McBros develops winning rifle. (+)
- • Canadian military purchases McMillan TAC®-50 rifles.
- • TAC-50: A primary long range sniper weapon. (+)
• Introduces the A-5, the best selling stock in McMillan
- • Introduces McMillan Tactical Products Company.
- • Introduces the Custom Collection hunting rifles. (+)
- • 2008 Brand reorganization. (+)
- • Develops McMillan tactical training courses.
- • McMillan awarded contracts. (+)
- • Introduces 50 BMG match ammunition. (+)
• Introduces Extreme Outer Limits (EOL) long range hunting
- •Develops Precision African Dangerous Game ammunition. (+)
• TAC®-50 A1-R2™ introduces a new hydraulic recoil
mitigation system for the TAC®-50 rifle. (+)
• TAC®-50 A1 includes several product enhancements over
the original TAC®-50. (+)
- • Introduces TAC®-416 rifle. (+)
- • McMillan introduces ALIAS® rifle line. (+)
- • Introduces EOL Mountain Extreme™ rifle series. (+)
- • McMillan adds three new lines of ammunition (+)